Built in 1360, the fort stood at the frontier with the Holy Roman Empire and near the papal residence in Avignon. The fort had a permanent garrison, a court of justice and a prison. Its strategic significance, however, declined in 1480 when Provence became part of France. Soldiers continued to occupy the site until 1792. The site is a museum nowadays.
Museum: Fort Saint-Andre
Address: Rue Burrus