The origins of the Palace (Schloss Schwetzingen) date back to 1350. The Palace reached the height of splendour under the Prince Elector Carl Theodor in the eighteenth century. The central part of the gardens, including the wings of the main building, leafy avenues and a circular parterre, is laid out geometrically. In the late 18th century, an English-style landscape park was added to the Baroque garden, the Arborium Theodoricum, as it is called, one of the earliest in Germany. More than 100 sculptures are scattered throughout this park. The Apollotempel, the bath house, the mosque and the Rococo theatre are particular highlights.
Museum: Schwetzingen Palace
Address: Schloß Mittelbau