Museum Buren & Oranje is housed in the city hall. The city got city rights in 1395 and supported the Habsburg rulers in the fifteenth century in their never ending struggle with the Duchy of Gelre. Maximilian rewarded the region with an upgrade toa county in 1492. Prince William of Orange, the military and political leader of the revolt against the Spanish rulers (the eighty years was 1568-1648), married Anna van Buren-Egmond in 1551 in this city, when the revolt was still in the making. The museum shows the history of the House of Orange-Nassau in the setting of this historical and beautiful city.
Address: Markt 1