Coburg Fortress

The fortress, “ Franconian Crown” (“Fränkische Krone) is home to the private collections of the dukes of Coburg, the Luther Room, the Hunting Room with its marquetry dating back to 1632, the Great Court Banqueting Hall, and a collection of pictures by old German masters from the time of Dürer and Lucas Cranach the Elder. One of the most important international collections is the glass collection with its Venetian glass (15th to 18th century), enamelled glassware (16th to 18th century), cut-glass chalices (17th and 18th century) and decorative glassware from the Art Nouveau period. There is also a collection of copperplate engravings, drawings, historical weapons, carriages.

Museum: Coburg Fortress
City: Coburg
Country: Germany
Address: Herrngasse 4