The castle consists of three museums. The State Gallery contains the former collection of the archbishops of Mainz, including the great collection of paintings by Lucas Cranach and his school. The exhibition rooms of the state administration of castles include reconstructed rooms from the classicistic era and the time as a royal Bavarian castle after 1814, paintings from Aschaffenburg and its environ and a great collection of cork models, including models from antique Rome. The city museums include an exhibition to the local history of Aschaffenburg, a vast collection of excellent faience, stone ware and porcelain, rich collections of tin ware, glass an furniture.
Address: Schlossplatz 4